Monsoon rains are very bad. Sad news is a crash at Lukla airport this morning with all onboard (18) dead. Our hearts are with the families. We are scheduled to fly to Lukla tomorrow morning but will only do so if skies are good and Dorjee recommends we go ahead. Otherwise we will will either wait out rains another day and explore KTM more or else take a bus to start of Annapurna trek and do that instead of Lukla. Parents should be aware that we are following the safest course of action and not to worry. I will send updates as often as possible. The IEP office has been notified – they should be the primary point of inquires however this site will probably have the latest info unless we need to use the sat phone to communicate to IEP where there is no internet access. I will be discussing the events with the students in about an hour at lunch – most are busy packing bags or changing money. Obviously there will be a range of emotions. I’m going through some now. They will have opportunities to call/email family.